Monday 28 November 2011

this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home...


....where, after unloading the car and putting the shop back together, she fell asleep watching 'Pride and Prejudice' late in the evening.
I really do need to get a Rent-a-Roadie for doing things like Markit! I felt guilty watching Jen lugging things out to the car as I packed boxes and shoved stuff in bags but at least we had trolleys. Markit has to be one of the more civilised craft/design markets around. It was nice that people understood the whole concept and that shopping-and-spending was high on the agenda rather than copying-and-purloining as so often happens. There was a general feeling that we can make a difference supporting local designer/makers- please check out Occupy Christmas. With all the retail shenanigans that Big Business has been up to lately it makes sense to shop at local and small businesses, when you shop this way you are having a direct effect on the livelihoods of independent retailers, we get to pay our bills, put food on our tables and develop new and exciting products for you to enjoy. The relationship we cultivate with our customers is a very important one, it gives us feed back, support and encouragement for those lonely, tedious hours in our studios and freezing garrets.
Thanks to all who came and visited yesterday, so many people to catch up with!


2 comments:

  1. I have Occupied Christmas!!! Thank you for telling me, I know a lot of my FB friends will follow.
    Glad Markit went so well, wish I could have got to it, too!
    Hugs, Jas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    PS: I have officially hemmed my Frida Dress successfully. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!