Thursday 21 April 2011

vistas


We got back last night from the country interlude. Such amazing autumn colours and with all this years rain the trees really seem to have decided to give a show and a half.  The yellows glowed, the reds were saturated and the deep dark burgundies were almost black. We missed the poplars of the Ovens Valley but it was still amazing. Sadly no photos, I don't know why, perhaps driving too fast. There were fabulous clouds and shafts of light and a huge moon and although it wasn't really cold there was bucketing rain and mist in the valleys.


Our 'alps' may not be very alp-y but they are very nice. You drive through farming valleys and look along amazing vistas and it is so very seasonal thanks to those Northern Hemisphere trees against the blue of the gums. I love that we have changing seasons and winters down here. Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I agree, Victoria is certainly beautiful this time of year. I drove up thru the Yarra Valley Ranges to Yarra Bend & Healesville this week... so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Alps.....It's been too long.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!