Saturday 1 January 2011

first day of a fresh year



I meant to post last night but I was just so extremely tired between the heat and the cheese and too much activity when I should have been snoozing and drinking tea over the last week. I didn't think I was going to make it to midnight but I ended up plonked on the sofa and then the fireworks started, pretty easy really to get up, limp over to the window and watch them explode over the city from my front window. Indulgent.

I know you are sick of deck photos but there isn't much else to illustrate life around here at the moment. Jethro is experiencing 'gardening', he thinks I am installing a lap pool for him and he is loving having a lolling box to catnap on.



I hope you all had a lovely New Year's Eve and, as everyone seems to have decided that 2010 was a total bummer of a year, let's hope that 2011 brings better times. Every year has it's ups and downs but this one was a bit of a doozy. I also think of 2010 as a  year of ties and limbo, a year that seemed to sit on the fence, so goodbye Indecisive Year.




It's a snoozy day around here, a sleeping in, wearing pyjamas kind of day. Tomorrow though will be back trying to make order out of chaos, stripping the shop of Xmas decorations and having a general clean up. Fresh start and all that!

It's so peaceful here I can hear a dove coo-ing on the gutter outside the window.
Time for more tea I think.

3 comments:

  1. Love the deck area! Lucky kitty....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Here's to 2011 - A New Decade!! love Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why we call you clever Pene. Nice one!

    Happy New Year! Happy New deck!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!