Monday 11 January 2010

you rip just what you sew*


Yesterday was a drive out of Melbourne for a postponed Xmas lunch with the family. The air-conditioner in the car is kaput and it's not really worth spending the money to get it repaired. It was hot. I finally managed to get a picture of this old house that I have driven by for years and never managed to stop to photograph. As you barrel along the road you can only see it in one direction and I managed to pull over this time. It's had a new roof put on recently but there is something about it I love, the two big windows like eyes looking out on the world.

Today is going to be even hotter and I just couldn't bring myself to go to the studio but perhaps that is also part of the January doldrums. Any excuse will do to do nothing.


I've got the newspaper, a couple of technical books to investigate, fans in every room, cool drinks in the fridge and a total lack of motivation about my life. This should be fun. Ran into a friend whilst out picking up the newspaper and he asked if I had any plans for the year...... oh dear, should I have 'plans'? I've never been able to get my head around '3 year plans', '5 year plans', they always seem like a crock of sh*t. Call them 'as-if-wish-list' and I maybe able to deal with them (yes, even though I don't like lists). There are too many variables in life but maybe that's always been my problem, I like things to meander on, grow organically, take Serendipity by the throat and give her a good shake. Today is for lying in front of the fan and thinking and wishing I had air-con in the studio.

*Listening to Carter Family in the car yesterday singing 'you reap just what you sow'. Just like Sookie's vampires I love a bit of nerdy word play.


4 comments:

  1. Did I mention how much I like your splash-back?

    Still shivering in frozen wasteland of England, but loving it! I should have bought your glorious pink bobble hat! Ah well maybe next time....
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not long to go until we leave the freezer... See you this Sunday!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE: plans
    secret strategy = click heels three times
    keep up sleeve
    very effective when used sparingly

    Miss Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the heat just looking at these pics. Melt.
    Personally, I'm not into long future plans....I'm way too fickle, and change my tune every week.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!