Saturday 19 December 2009

the sugar plum fairy's pincushion


Funny how a project starts. 
A bit of excess fleece lying around, a Sunday evening, an idea and next thing you know a new product for the shop!
Sugar plum pincushions!
The photo doesn't do them justice- I am rather fond of them. The purple ones are the colour of Damsons and then there are lovely prunus domestica dark coral ones. They are most fine. I am quite pleased with them as you can tell. Chuffed really.

And I've got new purses done too. The bigger roundy bottom ones in linens and cottons and the the smaller box bottomed type in a mixture of very beautiful 1950s Japanese and  a scattering of chintzes and bark cloths.
Well I better hop to it, things to sort before I open the shop and remember that we are open everyday until Xmas. Check the times at the right of the screen or if you would like to make an appointment then please give us a call on 9419 2430.
And remember we can Express Post to you too.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh those sugar plums have sent me a bit giddy! love them!

    Sarah x

    All the things you have been fashioning lately have been divine Pen, did I tell you that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lord, and here I was thinking I had everything I needed for christmas... now you've gone and made an unmissable pin cushion!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!