Friday 25 September 2009

yarnbombing!



I got home tonight to find the postie had been and my copy of 'Yarnbombing: The Art of Crochet and Knit Graffiti" had arrived!



I've got to say (and this isn't because Shula's beautiful photos of our Magnolia Collective doilism are in it) that if you are going to go out and buy a 'how-to' book then this is the one you should get. It is fabulous and Leanne and Mandy have done an amazing job on it. It's packed with interviews and discussions about the whole yarnbombing-taking-craft-to-the-streets movement and patterns- yes patterns! Patterns to make graffiti and patterns to make things to wear whilst you are out doing your kniffiti! (Including a Tagging Toolkit Cuff.)
I hear that Dan at Artisan Books on Gertrude Street here in Fitzroy has a pile of them so head in and pick one up!
It can take a lot to impress me and I have to say very loudly-
I AM IMPRESSED!



2 comments:

  1. And it's not like you're easy to impress either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooh, I really love that doily tree.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!