Thursday 27 November 2008

sad


It was sad news to come home to tonight. Killings and mayhem in Mumbai. 
(At my favourite hotel too. I love the old Taj, I love hanging in the Shamiana Bar for breakfast, the bookshop and the fabulous shop where you can buy fabric made from peacock feathers, watching crazy Indian weddings and slapping around on cool marble. Not PC I know to say how much you miss a hotel when people are dying but this old place is just so evocative of the extremes of the sub-continent. How I love India and how sad I find it when this sort of thing happens.)
Yes, that is a shocking old photo of me on the balcony of my room in the old part of the Taj Hotel, overlooking Gateway to India. Sigh.


2 comments:

  1. It's been a tough day.

    nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad when things like this happen and you know the country so well you're both horrified and unsurprised all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!