Tuesday 24 June 2008

quilts

The last week's to-do-list has been topped by 'prep tablecloths to make quilts'.
That one can be ticked off. 
(I hate lists.)
Now I just have to get it to the quilters.
It's always exciting when the roll comes back and I can start cutting them up into lengths. Each piece can only be planned up to a certain point and it totally changes when each one is measured off and released from the meterage. 
This is when I get to know what each one wanted to look like. Interestingly, working this way I have never had a dud quilt and I use up all the fabric with no waste (just jinxed myself there!).

2 comments:

  1. Quilters?

    Really?

    Where?

    I've lived in this city my whole life, and I don't know ANYTHING.

    Plus I have some incredible depression era quilt tops that need quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting. I'm also intrigued by 'taking them to the quilters...' what an amazing thing to be able to do! We don't have that over here. Can't wait to see them...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!