Wednesday 2 April 2008

winter warmers


Have managed to spend the last 2 days in the studio.
Crazy!

So new stock in the shop.
As well as the door-snakes I've been making wheat bags in the shape of hot water bottles, made from vintage 100% cotton flannelette and winter brushed cottons (they are interlined with calico for comfort and strength) and little eye pillows in vintage rayons (also lined in calico) and filled with flax seed and lavender. All of these have been made in contrasting fabrics on each side.
Angora socks in two lengths and a whole batch of fingerless gloves are piled on the big table, and I really have to get around to dyeing all the winter stock of these. I used to do all the dyeing in the backyard whilst sitting in the kitchen out of the rain and cold but this year I'll have to set up a different system. So many things change when you move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message for me.
I like getting mail!